Monday, April 27, 2009

Torture Memo Respond

Are the intense interrogation techniques that the United States uses, a form of torture that C.I.A agents should continue to use as an effective tool? I believe that these interrogation techniques such as water boarding, cramping, and walling is a form of torture because is used to make a person feel all distorted just to get information from him. Torture (www.dictionary.com) is the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty, and waterboarding (“www.wikipedia.org/wiki/waterboarding”) is a form of torture. I don't believe that these tools are effective because when it is used on a person to get information from him, he isn't giving the correct information because he is not thinking clearly. He might also give false information to the C.I.A agents so that they would stop torturing him. If a person is still not giving information at all then the techniques that the agent is using is not effective because no matter what the agent does towards him he still won’t speak.

I believe that interrogation such as walling and water boarding is still a form of torture because it can still do harm to a person physically and mentally. Walling consists of slamming a person against a wall to get him to talk. I think this form of technique is only hurting him. Walling doesn’t get a person anywhere or any information. I think water boarding is still torture because it makes a person believe that he is drowning. This technique makes him feel like he can’t believe and is suffocating even when he isn’t really drowning it stills feel that way. These techniques use still causes pain to a person, so therefore I do believe it is torture.

I don’t believe that the interrogation techniques that the C.I.A agents use are an effective tool because like I mentioned above it could cause a person to give false information. It could also cause a person to tell lies just so C.I.A agents would get an answer from him. I think the techniques that they use only puts fear into a person’s mind, causing him to think differently than he normally would. I think that the United States should find a different solution and method to use when interrogating a person, one which doesn’t feel like torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment